This recipe is taken from Valentine Warner’s book ‘The Good Table’. His measures but the mthod in my words. It’s super quick and super simple. In his book he recommends eating this with Ginger Thins but I made some Ginger Sable Biscuits instead. He says this serves 12 in 125ml ramekins.
- 1.2 litres of double cream
- 140g caster sugar
- Juice of 5 lemons – I used large ones
- Zest of 3 lemons
- An assortment of ramekins or shot glasses
To make them
- Heat the cream and sugar over a medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Pour in the lemon juice, then the zest and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Take the pan off the heat and divide the liquid between the ramekins or shot glasses.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and serve with Lavender Shortbread or Ginger Sable Biscuits. Pansy is optional but ever so pretty (and edible).