These loaves are perfect for breakfast or lunch boxes. The bananas are super healthy and adding the oats means these have an extra GI boost too.
- 140g soft unsalted butter
- 270g soft brown sugar
- 280g plain flour
- 150g rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas (around 200g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- KitchenAid with a paddle attachment or electric mixer
- 8 mini loaf tins
To make them
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Grease the loaf tins and set them aside on a baking tray.
- Melt the butter and set it aside to cool.
- Beat together the sugar and eggs until you’ve got a smooth pancake batter like consistency.
- Mash the bananas and then mix them into the batter.
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix til it’s well combined.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter and mix again til it is all combined.
- Finally stir in the oats and divide the mixture between the loaf tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes. A cocktail stick inserted should come out clean.
Serve these warm with a dollop of yoghurt and a drizzle of honey or cold with some warm chocolate sauce. Or indeed for breakfast with some fresh bananas.