This is a wonderful, zesty martini – just perfect for a summer evening in the garden.
- 125ml vodka
- 1 Kandula Earl Grey tea bag
- Zest and juice of a lime
- 3 tbsp sugar syrup
- Ice cubes
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Edible flower garnish
To make 2 glasses
- Infuse the vodka with an Earl Grey tea bag for about half an hour to an hour depending on how strong you want the tea flavour to be.
- While that’s infusing make some sugar syrup by boiling 50g caster sugar with 50ml water until it’s a thin honey consistency.
- Mix the lime zest with the sugar in a saucer.
- Cut the lime in half and then wipe the flesh over the rim of the glass.
- Dip a martini glass into the lime zest and sugar so the rim is coated with the sugar and zest mix.
- Put 50ml infused Earl Grey Vodka with 15ml of fresh lime juice and 15ml of sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker with lots of ice.
- Shake well and strain into the two sugar rimmed glasses.
- Garnish with lime zest twists and a little edible flower.