Sunflower Seed and Lemon Flapjacks
Servings: 10 -12
Sunflower Seed flapjacks
To make about 10
- 125g butter
- 110g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey - I used lemon manuka honey
- 200g rolled oats
- 200g sunflower seeds
- 1 large lemon – zest and juice
These are lovely dipped into melted chocolate or with a dollop of creme fraiche as a zesty pudding.
- Preheat the oven to 150C and line a 12 inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper
- Put the sunflower seeds, oats, lemon zest and juice into a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat slowly until dissolved and melted.
- Pour the butter over the dry mixture and mix until all the oats and seeds are coated.
- Pour this into the lined baking tin, flatten it out and press it down well with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake this for approx 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut it into pieces as soon as it comes out of the oven and then leave it to cool completely in the pan.