One of my favourite salads is Pear, Stilton and Walnut. I never eat Stilton on it’s own but the salty taste mixed with the sweet pear is just so so lovely. So I thought I’d try the same line of thinking with some leftover feta and rhubarb. This recipe serves one! I had it with some crusty white bread. YUM!
- 3 sticks of lovely pink rhubarb
- 50g brown sugar
- 80g feta cheese (about a third of a standard pack)
- a handful of fresh watercress
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
To make it
- Wash the rhubarb and cut it into 1 inch sized pieces.
- Pop it into a bowl and sprinkle over half the sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Tip away any juice that has come out of the rhubarb and sprinkle over the rest of the sugar.
- Roast the rhubarb in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. It should be soft but keep it’s shape.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing together the oil, vinegar and honey. I do this in a small jar and give it a really good shake. (My Tom Cruise in Cocktail moment of the day :-))
- Place the watercress on your plate, sprinkle over half the feta, then the cooked rhubarb and then the feta again.
- Drizzle over your dressing and that;’s it. Done!
You could sprinkle over some pumpkin seeds or croutons if you like a little bite to your salad or perhaps some toasted black sesame seeds to add another colour.
Click here for more rhubarb recipes.
I’ve entered this into Working London Mummy’s #oneingredient challenge