This drink was created by Erik Lorincz of The American Bar at The Savoy in London and is being served from the hotel’s fountain at their Jubilee Street Party on 3rd June 2012. I just love all the edible flowers in it!
- 30ml Bombay Sapphire
- 30ml home-made orange & grapefruit sherbet (150g caster sugar, 1 orange, 2 pink grapefruits)
- 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10ml Orgeat (almond syrup)
- 30ml Earl Grey tea infusion (1 earl grey tea bag)
- Edible flowers of your choice
To make it
- For the orange & grapefruit sherbet, grate the peel of the orange and pink grapefruits then stir the resulting grated peel with 150g of caster sugar for around a minute or so to extract the natural oils out of the citrus fruit. Next, squeeze all the juice out from the orange and also the juice from one of the grapefruits and add to the sugar mixture. Stir this continually until the sugar has dissolved fully. Pass the liquid through a fine strainer and it’s ready to use – 30ml per cocktail.
- For the Earl Grey tea infusion, brew one Earl Grey tea bag in 150ml of boiling water then take out after 4 minutes. Leave to cool then use 30ml per cocktail.
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker (except the Champagne) and shake really well with plenty of cubed ice.
- Using a fine tea strainer, strain the resulting cocktail into a chilled glass and top up with a splash of Champagne.
- Garnish with an edible flower 🙂