It’s Chocolate Week in the UK and what a chocolatey week it has been. I have been using every excuse to eat as much chocolate as possible. And why not?! It contains endorphins – those lovely little feel good hormones and I need a few thousand of those at the moment with all the cold weather setting in.
Today is also the start of The Chocolate Show in London. I had a lovely preview last night. Here are a few chocolatey treats that caught my eye.
The show started today and closes on Sunday.
Something chocolatey then?
So if those pics now have you hankering for something chocolatey try these super easy madeleines. Chocolate not actually required as this recipe uses store cupboard cocoa powder (just in case like me you do not have chocolate in the house when you neeeed chocolate in the house!)
[recipe title=”Chocolate Madeleines” makes=”16″ time=”30 mins” difficulty=”Easy”]
You will need
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 60g caster sugar
- 25g runny honey
- 75g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 50g ground almonds
- Icing sugar and edible glitter for dusting
To make them
Serve dusted with icing sugar and edible glitter or better still some salted caramel dipping sauce. It is Friday after all.
Do you have any chocolatey favourites? What do you dip your madeleines into?
- Chocolatey Inspiration from My Pinterest Board
- 10 Amazing Chocolate Cakes for #ChocolateWeek (renbehan.com)
- Chocolate and Pear Quesadillas for #ChocolateWeek (kelliesfoodtoglow.com)
- National Chocolate Week: Five recipes to get your teeth into (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Chocolate Salty Balls for ‘Check One Two’ (cakeyboi.com)