I’m very fussy about tomatoes. I love the sundried variety but not in pesto. I like the raw variety but only paired with basil and mozzarella and in a ‘cachumbar’ (salad) with sliced onions, red chilli powder and salt. But I love cooked tomatoes. Especially in curry. It’s my go to dinner when I am ravenous but don’t have the patience to wait. I usually eat this with some plain basmati rice or leftover boiled barley or kicheree.
I have used green tomatoes because I like the unusual. You could use cherry tomatoes cut in half or the different coloured heritage tomatoes that can be found at farmer’s markets nowadays. Which ever you choose, make sure they are lovely and firm so they will keep their shape when cooking.
Tomato and Onion (Shak) Curry
What is your favourite way to eat tomatoes?
More tomato inspiration here:
- Tomato recipes on my other blog
- Spicy Sungold Tomato Ketchup (kaveyeats.com)
- Tomato Stuffed Paratha (mamtaskitchen.com)
- Raw tomato blender soup (tinnedtmatoes.com)
- Tomato and vanilla jelly (franglaiskitchen.com)
- Bruschetta (cooksister.com)